Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you will be doing
- Evaluate new blockchain technologies and their capabilities.
- Develop and validate cryptographic implementations.
- Create highly performant code that is clean, simple, maintainable, and battle-tested with test-driven development (TDD) for maximum test coverage
- Drive continuous improvement in the tech stack.
What you should have (not all required)
- At least 4 years of experience in blockchain or crypto.
- Expertise with cryptography, blockchain technologies, and the underlying fundamentals and mathematics.
- Technical understanding of blockchain technologies including but not limited to BIPs, UTXO, EVM, Nakamoto Consensus, and cryptography.
- Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding-edge blockchain technologies
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas, and present concepts effectively.
- Extensive knowledge of secure cryptosystems operating practices required.
- Advanced degree in cryptography, computer science, mathematics, or related fields is strongly preferred.
- Experience participating or maintaining in open-source software development is highly preferred.
- Experience with writing smart contracts would be a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.