Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
Circle is looking for a highly skilled and expert Senior Backend Engineer to join our dynamic team at Circle. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play a meaningful role in developing various services on our wallet infrastructure and maintaining the underlying code.
What you'll work on:
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to solve problems and identify areas for improvement
- Builds services, APIs, and SDKs which align with data protection standards and aid in the implementation of protection controls for other developers
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Conduct whitebox tests and optimize performance
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies and provide training, help, and support to other team members
- Taking the lead on projects, as needed
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4 years minimum professional software development experience in object-oriented languages like Java and Go
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a closely related field.
- Familiar with the Golang Web Framework like Gin, Fasthttps and know the Golang develop related tools like go mod, go lint, etc
- Familiar with database operations like MySQL, Postgresql, NoSql, etc. And understand how to use raw commands to operate databases
- Familiar with unit test development and looking for high-quality coding
- Strong understanding of the microservices development cycle and programming techniques and tools
- Familiar with cryptography would be a plus
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively.
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision.
- Led teams (2-4) technically on architecture and system design
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.
We’re looking far and wide for the right people.
As a global organization, we seek to hire the best talent in a variety of cities around the world. In some cases, we look for candidates who align to a particular team’s geography or time zone to help maximize productivity and ensure strong employee experiences. If you feel this job is right for you, select the city closest to you from the list below to apply.