Tokenized Cash & Reducing Systemic Risk with Gordon Liao* of Circle
During Paris Blockchain Week, Circle Co-Founder and CEO Jeremy Allaire joined Circle Chief Economist Gordon Liao* for a discussion about banking sector challenges, tokenized cash vs. tokenized deposits, and root causes of systemic risk.
This Money Movement episode covers:
- [1:37] – Liao’s career journey
- [7:12] – Tokenized cash
- [10:37] – Fundamental issues of risk
- [15:17] – Reducing systemic risk
- [18:38] – A tenet of USDC
- [23:33] – Tokenized deposits
- [34:54] – Zero knowledge proof
- [38:16] – Central bank challenges
If you’re interested in learning more about tokenized cash, tokenized deposits, and the evolution of finance on blockchain networks, tune in to this episode of The Money Movement.
*Liao is the Chief Economist at Circle Internet Financial. The views expressed by Liao in this episode are solely the responsibility of Liao and should not be interpreted as reflecting the views of the author's affiliated organizations.