Circle is preparing for a “Stable September" to remember with the launch of USDC for five new blockchain ecosystems, including Base, Cosmos via Noble, NEAR, Optimism and Polkadot throughout the month, and a sixth chain, Polygon PoS, in October.
Following the recent push to launch Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP) on mainnet and the launch of Circle’s Web3 Services pillar and Programmable Wallets, the expansion of USDC to six new blockchain ecosystems enables developers to build on a stable foundation with a fully reserved digital dollar they can trust. Businesses and their users will have even more ways to access USDC to experience a faster, safer, and more efficient way to send, spend, and exchange value around the globe.
Multi-chain expansion will increase USDC’s native availability from nine ecosystems to fifteen and counting. Continually growing access to USDC and CCTP is part of Circle’s commitment to delivering the widest reach, developer optionality and the simplest, most secure user experience of any dollar stablecoin in the world.
- Base is a secure, low-cost Ethereum L2 built to bring the next million developers and billion users on-chain. Base is open and permissionless, built on OP Stack in Collaboration with Optimism, and incubating at Coinbase with a commitment to decentralization. Base seamlessly integrates with the Coinbase product ecosystem as an easy-to-use bridge for Coinbase users.
- Noble is an appchain purpose-built for native asset issuance in Cosmos and the boundless Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC) ecosystem. Noble’s mission is to simplify asset ownership and transfer within the IBC ecosystem – aiming to bring the smooth UX of monolithic chains within the structure of a sovereign chain ecosystem. Dozens of appchains will be able to access USDC issued on Noble via an integration leveraging IBC that is simple, safe and seamless.
- Optimism is a fast, secure, and scalable L2 blockchain built by Ethereum developers, for Ethereum developers. Optimism utilizes Optimistic Rollup technology to scale the Ethereum network and improve transaction throughput – which will result in significantly faster and lower cost USDC transactions.
- Polkadot is a scalable platform for Web3 that facilitates an internet where independent blockchains and their applications can exchange information and transactions in a trustless way via the Polkadot Relay Chain. Circle intends to bring USDC to the Polkadot ecosystem via the Asset Hub parachain to enable the proliferation of USDC throughout the independently governed ecosystem of parachains via the XCM protocol.
- Polygon PoS is a scalable proof-of-stake (PoS) architecture that complements Ethereum’s decentralized security, ensuring you have the ability to create dApps that can appeal to the general public while maintaining the power of decentralization.
In addition to integrating with these upcoming blockchains, Circle already supports USDC natively across Algorand, Arbitrum, Avalanche, Ethereum, Flow, Hedera, Solana, Stellar and TRON.