Circle is a consumer Internet company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and using money. Circle is backed by $136 million from investors including Goldman Sachs, Baidu, CreditEase, IDG China, Breyer Capital, Accel and General Catalyst. With offices in Boston, San Francisco, Dublin and London, Circle is building mobile apps aimed at enabling greater ease-of-use in online and in-person payments, with enhanced security and privacy, and the convenience of free, instant, global digital money transfers.
This role includes weekend shifts, from Wednesdays to Sundays or from Thursdays to Mondays (standard working hours).
As a Risk Analyst, you’ll detect fraudulent behaviors, conduct investigations, and educate customers on how to maintain the security of their accounts and transactions.
At Circle, we are building a world class operations team to help us scale while providing the best possible customer experience. If you're a smart, passionate person with a strong educational background in economics, finance, business, audit or accounting (or have done well in whatever discipline you have chosen) we'd like to hear from you.
At Circle, you will
- Monitor and act upon fraud signals - you will be fighting crimes like identity theft and credit card fraud
- Work cross-functionally with customer experience and compliance to develop creative solutions to emergent problems
- Comfortable making decisions on your own. Maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities
- Verify customer information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Circle's Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs
- Interact with customers to ensure full compliance with all applicable laws and policies
- Suggest improvements to our suite of fraud prevention tools
- Investigate rings of scammer accounts using stolen credentials
- Communicate with our banking partners on fraud and chargebacks
- Review reversed payments on the Circle platform
- Undergraduate and/or Master's degree from a leading academic institution
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- One year prior experience in investigations, data analysis, and/or computer science
- One year prior experience in the payment or technology industries
- Knowledge of payment systems including the ACH network, credit cards, SEPA transfers, and other payment protocols a huge plus
- Ability to be an entrepreneur and own projects from start to finish with minimal guidance
- Ability to make quick decisions with large sums of money on the line without breaking a sweat
- Innate ability to spot strange patterns amidst noisy data
- An investigative instinct and the ability to think like a hacker
- Desire to investigate and prevent malware, clickjacking, phishing, DDoS, and social engineering attacks
- A basic understanding of traditional financial scams, security best practices, and/or fraud strategies
- Interest in digital currency and the impact that it represents
- Knowledge of and interest to learn more about Bitcoin and the Blockchain
- Understanding of Bitcoin community and ability to navigate social media and forums a plus
- Management experience a plus