Circle’s mission is to make money work the way the internet does - borderless, safe, easy and free. We aim to connect everyone in the world through an open network of value exchange, enabling you to transfer money regardless of which country you live in or where you want to send it. Over the next several years, our focus is on building unique internet experiences that provide an alternative to existing retail banking products (i.e., demand deposit accounts, checking accounts, current accounts).
Circle is highly product- and engineering-driven, with product owners (typically developers), managing across the matrix and empowered to make bold, rapid decisions. Our culture is highly collaborative, transparent and non-hierarchical, prizing intelligence, curiosity and passion.
Founded in 2013 by entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville, Circle is backed by $136 million from investors including Goldman Sachs, Baidu, CreditEase, IDG China, Breyer Capital, Accel and General Catalyst. We have over 120 people in offices in Boston, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Beijing, and have a clear agenda for global expansion.
We are open to location in Boston, Dublin or London for this Director.
Director of Growth
The Director of Growth will partner with our VP of Product Engineering to lead the Social Payments Business at Circle. Relying on a creative, analytical approach to winning and engaging customers, this role leads Circle’s growth and core product efforts by optimizing resources across marketing, product development, business development, and data science to ensure that more people around the globe experience the benefits of Circle more often.
Strategy & Product Management
- Implement opportunistic integrations for Circle across social networks, marketing channels, brand partners, and consumer Internet services.
- Collaborate with the VP of Product Engineering on Circle’s social payments product roadmap.
- Track the way people interact with the social payment platform to develop solutions that make it easier for guests to become active customers, engage, and return to the platform.
- Create a multi-disciplinary practice that delivers like clockwork, increasing quality and results (grow the growth).
- Collaborate with peers who lead our other business segments to ensure a holistic, complimentary, realistic roadmap across the company.
- Lead nimble growth team to create and nurture a growth model for Circle’s social payments business and a product funnel that identifies key areas for experimentation and expansion.
- Develop growth experiments, draw upon inspiration from social, device, platform, industry and competitor developments, and incorporate relevant technical and market research.
- Define and develop tactics for growing each element of the model and plan for measuring results.
- Collaborate with marketing, design, engineering, and support to execute experiments.
Communication & Matrix Management
- Understand control groups, experimentation, and install a culture of A/B testing our product messaging and customer-facing content.
- Evaluate product and marketing analytics, usability research, and financial metrics to drive improvements to growth tactics.
- Become an expert in our key metrics -- MATU, LTV, CPA, transaction volume, mid-funnel engagement and retention -- while balancing the quantitative numbers with qualitative creative input from product designers and external customers.
The ideal candidate will
- Develop relationships that span Marketing, Product Development, Data Science, Platform Engineering, Treasury, Risk Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Customer Operations.
- Help create “A-Ha!” moments by working closely with designers, understand code well enough to hack with developers, and parse data well enough to work with data scientists.
- Clearly communicate Circle’s vision, plans, objectives and performance measures and progress against plans to all stakeholders.
- Represent Circle with external stakeholders and brand partners.
- Get things done. As demonstrated by previous work, you are a “do-er” as well as a great planner. You have helped build, deploy, and iterate on mass-market consumer Internet services.
- Tell a great story. You have experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, and evangelizing these ideas internally and externally.
- Value design and development. You have a track record of partnering with agile development teams to build innovative products and features. Value marketing. You have a track record of partnering with marketing to drive, amplify, augment and supercharge campaigns.
- Live by the data. You’re analytical, driven by metrics, and are able to identify areas for improvement and expansion by measuring results.
- Keep it real. You have a burning desire for perfection, but take a pragmatic, measured approach to getting there. Moreover, though you are entrepreneurial and driven, you’re also a gifted diplomat.