Strategy & Policy
VP, Policy and Regulatory Strategy, APAC
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Vice President, Policy and Regulatory Strategy, APAC is an integral part of the strategy, global policy and communications team. Working closely with legal, compliance, finance and other functions, the role requires in-depth understanding and engagement with key regulators in tier 1 and tier 2 markets. The Vice President will help drive analysis, engagement and regulatory filings culminating in successful company licensure and operations in tier 1 and tier 2 markets. The Vice President will also lead regulatory, policy and other engagements supporting a global market and regulatory environment conducive to the company’s products, solutions and services.
The Vice President will also track in an evidence-based manner the global policy, regulatory and market acceptance of digital currencies, blockchain-based payments systems and crypto-assets more generally. This will be a dynamic role that will help inform company-wide market expansion efforts, regulatory engagements and competitive positioning.
What you'll work on:
- Formulation of tier 1 and tier 2 regulatory engagement, stakeholder mapping and market segmentation based on overall company market expansion plans and regional growth targets.
- Review of legal, regulatory and other licensing requirements in tier 1, 2 and other target markets, alongside legal, compliance and operational leaders.
- Leading market expansion and regulatory efforts around the world and targeted operational regions, prioritizing tier 1 and tier 2 markets.
- Creation of reporting metrics, dashboards and decision support resources that track licensing, compliance and other regulatory requirements for digital assets, payments and related activities in tier 1, 2 and other key markets.
- Creation of public responses, including requests for information, comment and other engagements with external stakeholders.
- Leading a dynamic global strategy, policy and communications team helping drive a conducive market environment for the company’s products, solutions and services.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of legal, policy, regulatory and policymaking experience at the nexus of emerging technology, financial services and global markets in Singapore.
- 10+ years of management experience in a regulatory or policy focused role.
- Technical virtuosity, policy instincts and relationships at the highest levels of government, policymaking and regulatory matters shaping the future of money and payments.
- Proven knowledge at the strategic and technical levels in regulatory engagement in the payments and financial service domains.
- In depth knowledge of UK policy, regulatory, legal and licensing requirements for the payments, digital currencies, crypto-assets and blockchain-based market.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.