Senior Tax Accountant
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a motivated Senior Tax Accountant, reporting to the Tax Operations Manager, to support the tax accounting and tax compliance needs of the company’s rapidly growing operations. This role will involve cross functional interaction with other teams at the company including compliance, legal and product as well as the greater finance team. You will gain valuable experience and exposure to a broad cross section of the tax function while supporting a business that is on the cutting edge of digital payments and blockchain technology.
What you'll work on:
- Supporting the preparation of consolidated and legal entity tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Researching and supporting US state and local tax requirements for US business including business registration, franchise tax returns, sales and use tax, employment taxes, etc.
- Supporting the annual US federal and state tax compliance process.
- Preparing tax related journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual closes.
- Calculating and providing support for maintenance of transfer pricing model and supporting documentation.
- Preparing tax memos to document and update tax positions of the company.
- Researching and staying current on changes to US and international tax legislation and supporting communication of implications for the company.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of tax accounting experience, ideally from a Big 4 background or with direct tax experience working in the technology industry.
- Knowledge of US tax regulations and US GAAP requirements of ASC 740.
- Direct experience and knowledge of tax accounting for accounting close and supporting preparation/review of tax provisions.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed on time.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- CPA or post graduate tax qualification is highly desirable but not required.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.