Senior Talent Operations Analyst (Payroll Tax & Equity)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Talent Operations Analyst specializing in global income tax for payroll and equity to join the Talent Operations Payroll Team. This will be an exciting role to support Circle’s domestic payroll tax and equity activities; ensuring the company is up to date on all tax requirements and practices with an ultimate focus on compliance. The Senior Talent Operations Analyst will be responsible for accuracy of tax calculations; year-end documents; reconciliations; account registrations and maintenance. This role will monitor current global practices and trends to inform the company and internal partners of any changes in regulations, laws, and policies, recommending any process adaptation as needed.
What you'll work on:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all U.S. payroll tax and stock transaction reporting, including agency notices, filing for tax IDs, audit support, W-2 corrections, 3rd party vendor tax compliance.
- Monitoring Circle and employee payroll documentation to ensure collection and retention of all appropriate statutorily required and audit documentation for state withholding forms and equity transactions.
- Collaborating with the Payroll and Total Rewards & Analytics teams to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance, timely tax filing and reporting to government authorities for payroll tax and equity transactions.
- Developing quarterly and annual payroll tax audits and other quantitative and qualitative reports/analysis for compliance and reporting purposes.
- Participating in internal and external audits by producing records and documentation to auditors.
- Preparing various payroll related documents (e.g. SOC1 reports, retirement plan transfers, payroll registers, stop payments, W-2 controls, etc.).
- Assisting in the documentation of key policies, processes, and procedures, compliant with SOX standards for internal controls over financial reporting.
- Partnering with Talent Business Partners to identify nonresident tax obligations for periodic stays in non-residential states or countries.
- Entering and completing wage and tax corrections in the payroll system, ensuring all remuneration is accurately reflected on annual statutory reports for both the employee and Circle.
- Managing and supporting resolution of tax assessments, audits, and assisting in resolving other tax matters as needed including the establishment of new payroll tax withholding accounts.
- As needed, providing transaction level support for payroll processing or other projects supporting domestic and international payroll.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company and the clients and customers that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience.
- 4+ years of experience with U.S. tax set-up and equity transactions in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) and or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus.
- International payroll and equity tax experience is a plus.
- Strong work ethic with aspirations to advance career.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to stay organized.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and re-prioritize work, as needed.
- Mature ability to keep information confidential.
- Strong team desire and ability to exemplify thought leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree is not required but you must have a strong desire to learn many new things, amazing work ethic and alignment to our Mission and Values.
- Proficiency in MacOS, Gmail, and Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, and Docs).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.