Strategy & Policy
Senior Research and Strategy Analyst, Economics
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a part of Circle’s Office of the Chief Economist and Strategy, Policy and Communications team, you will perform economic and strategic analyses that affect the national and international policies in digital currencies and influence business model innovations in web3. You will be responsible for analyzing critical on-chain and proprietary data using quantitative methodologies and tools. You will support and collaborate with the Chief Economist as well as external academics at top-tier business schools, policy institutions, and think tanks to drive thought leadership and research in digital currency, cryptoeconomics, decentralized finance (DeFi), and blockchain innovations.
What you'll work on:
- Identifying and testing hypotheses that inform public policy discourse and drive strategic decisions
- Owning empirical analyses and building quantitative models involving large structured and unstructured data sets to support policy and strategy developments
- Contributing to writings of reports and journal articles pertinent to digital currency, web3, innovations in DeFi, and traditional market structures
- Actively partnering with teams across products, finance and revenues to gain critical insights for developing firm-wide economic agenda and strategy
- Managing high-stake strategy initiatives and research projects that will have a direct impact on the business bottomline affect industry direction
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ year of experience in conducting/supporting research projects in economics, finance, CS or other quantitative fields with top-tier researchers in policy and/or academic settings
- Technical competence in empirical research and/or have built extensive financial models, including solid understanding of statistics and econometrics, and strong coding/scripting experiences in Python, SQL, R
- Basic understanding of blockchain data a plus
- Prior business experience in consulting/finance/technology with strong quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail, independence in quickly learning complex domain topics, creativity in thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with samples of prior published written work
- Demonstrated achievements and accomplishments in prior roles, academic studies, and community service
- Utmost integrity and innate drive for positive social impact
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in quantitative field (Economics, CS, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering) or strong analytical skills
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range for this role added below is for New York City based candidates only in accordance with NYC Local Law 32. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in locations other than New York City.
Base Pay Range: $125,000 - $165,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k))
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.