Enterprise Risk Management
Senior Policy Writer, Risk Management
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Enterprise Risk Management Program and Governance team, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the business in writing technical and non-technical documents including policies, standards, procedures (PSPs) and supporting the Policy Program (Program). The Program ensures PSPs are in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations as well as Circle best-practices. As a key member of the second line of defense, you will be assisting teams within Circle throughout the Policy Management Life Cycle as well as working with subject matter experts and other internal stakeholders to analyze, recommend, draft and implement high quality documents.
The ideal candidate will be a domain expert for writing PSPs with the ability to produce high-quality documentation appropriate to the intended audience. Furthermore, the candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong process, analytical skills and the ability to educate stakeholders on policy management principles. Finally, the candidate must be able to build strong relationships, be highly collaborative and have the ability to influence cross-functionally as well as effectively challenge when appropriate.
What you'll work on:
- Research, gather, analyze and compose both technical(including for data/processes for Technology, Information Security and Engineering) and non-technical information to translate into clear, readable documentation (e.g., policy, standard, procedure, process flow). Technical documents can support a product, system or service and can include user manuals and training materials.
- Support cross-departmental subject matter experts to deliver hands-on writing and/or editing of high-quality Policies, Standards and Procedures, reviewing content and supporting the policy program manager in all aspects of the policy program.
- In partnership with business functions SMEs, analyze business processes to determine documentation requirements and manage regular reviews with SMEs to maintain accuracy and completeness of documents.
- Analyze Policies, Standards and Procedures and provide recommendations on improvements.
- Contribute to the continuous process improvement and development of the Policy Program.
- Participate in quality assurance control and oversight activities to ensure Circle’s Policy Management Program is executed according to internal policy, standard and procedures.
- Engage in ad-hoc projects or requests as deemed appropriate.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years writing Policies, Standards and Procedure
- Certified Technical Writer and/or Procedure Professional Association (PPA) Qualified/Certified a plus.
- Strong program/project management and implementation experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Strong ability to:
- Write clearly, concisely, grammatically correct and accurately.
- Write for a wide variety of audiences.
- Proof-read and edit.
- Comprehend abstract and complex concepts and translate them to concrete, simple, user-friendly documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry Best Practices in writing and maintaining policies, standards and procedures.
- Effectively collaborate in a team environment, as well as work independently without supervision.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience planning and organizing cross-functional work, influencing teams, and assisting stakeholder groups to drive complex, high-priority efforts through to completion.
- Detailed oriented and well organized; ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.