Enterprise Risk Management
Senior Operational Resilience Manager
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As Circle’s Senior Operational Resilience Manager, and part of the Enterprise Risk Management Strategic Programs team, you will be responsible for developing and maturing components of Circle’s Global Resiliency Program to implement and enable our business strategy with appropriate risk management and oversight.
The ability of an organization to absorb and adapt from any threat or unplanned disruption is a critical challenge facing businesses today. For Circle, operating at the speed of the internet across a dynamic, global landscape, ensuring the resilience of our most critical business processes is essential. Specifically, as a key second line of defense role, you will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise, oversight and effective challenge for Circle’s operational resilience practices helping mitigate the impacts of a major disruption to Circle’s businesses. The Global Resilience team partners with stakeholders across the company to develop resiliency policies, identify resiliency risks and mitigations, and mature capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be a domain expert in operational resilience, a skilled risk practitioner, an excellent communicator, collaborative, have an agile mindset and be able to develop, implement and manage resilience programs that scale.
What you'll work on:
- Playing an integral role in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Circle’s global resilience framework (i.e., governance, policies, standards and procedures) to ensure a holistic approach to prevent, protect, respond and adopt/learn from disruptive events
- Leveraging subject matter expertise and industry best practices to provide effective challenge/assess the effectiveness and accuracy of risk controls, key risk indicators, business impact analysis, continuity plans, playbooks and resiliency exercises and tests. Provide recommendations based on observed deficiencies
- Establish and maintain key performance and risk indicators, operational resilience risk appetite and tolerance for Enterprise Risk Management reporting. Maintain ongoing monitoring, escalation and mitigating actions of the relevant metrics
- Driving improvements or enhancements in alignment with internal strategies, industry best practices, standard security frameworks, and regulatory guidance
- Maintaining awareness of operational resilience events and performing detailed reviews of trends to identify significant risks, ensure monitoring and remediation
- Contributing to the implementation of tools and automation to support effective management and oversight of Global Resilience and mature processes to scale the program
- Maintaining presentation materials to provide program overview, updates and results to committees, key partners and third parties
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships based on trust and transparency with business stakeholders and other partners
- Providing on-going consulting and subject-matter expertise; developing and delivering training to build awareness of Global Resilience program, capabilities and requirements
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of professional experience designing, building, and managing business and/or IT continuity/resilience management programs
- Deep knowledge of industry principles, technology solutions, and practices related to business continuity, IT continuity, recovery, crisis management, and incident response
- Experience with operational risk management, covering the full lifecycle of activities, including risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting
- Working knowledge of operational resilience frameworks, best practices and regulatory guidance
- Operational resilience experience in any of banking, tech, or cryptocurrency required; Experience in a Fintech company is a bonus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Strong attention to detail and achieving results, with an emphasis on how work is being accomplished
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data
- Interest and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it
- Industry certification, such as Certified Business Continuity Professional is preferred
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.