Senior Manager, Finance & Strategy, Corporate FP&A
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Senior Manager, Finance & Strategy, Corporate FP&A, you will be an integral part of the Finance team. You will partner with functional leaders to monitor spend and resource planning, and partner with the Revenue and Marketing organizations to bring insight to the types of customers we serve. You will partner with the VP of Finance and Strategy to build out a strong finance team focused on bringing visibility into the health of the business through analysis and company-wide reports. We are looking for an ambitious, ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude, highly motivated individual who seeks a collaborative, iterative and fast-paced environment. You will have an opportunity to grow your career in an exponential way but will require your hard work and dedication.
What you'll work on:
- Lead the company-wide headcount planning and expense budgeting and forecasting process
- Partner with functional leaders to provide reporting on spend and resource planning
- Drive standardized reporting and create a business partnership function across the organization
- Work with sales and marketing teams to build out analytics measuring the ROI on lead generation, variable spend, and segmentation of customers to understand behaviors and use cases
- Partner with executive leadership to help drive sound decision making
- Lead the implementation and use of forecasting tools
- Develop and standardize board level reports and presentations
- Partner with Accounting and Investor Relations to support quarterly earnings process
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in a dynamic financial organization partnering with various other functions
- 4+ years of experience in corporate finance/FP&A required, preferably in a Tech public company
- Very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company and the clients and customers that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience
- Ideal candidates will have a consistent track record of outstanding financial and strategic analysis and delivering meaningful recommendations based on this analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills to tell a story using financials and to demonstrate the future vision of the company
- Experience taking detailed information and synthesizing to create executive level presentations
- Track record of developing partnerships with stakeholders up to executive level and the creation of dashboards and repeatable processes
- Aspires to go beyond finance and understanding every part of the business to provide the best level of partnership across the organization
- You excel in a fast moving, innovative and evolving startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree (MBA) preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Suite, Slack and Macbook preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.