Senior IT Internal Audit Manager
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, IT Internal Audit. Reporting to the VP, Head of Internal Audit, this person will help build and enhance the IT internal audit function at Circle. They will help contribute to the strategic planning, project management and delivery of independent and objective evaluations of the company’s financial, operational, risk management and compliance control environment. You should have a firm grasp of ITGCs, system infrastructures, blockchain technology and financial services regulations.
What you'll work on:
- Support the development and implementation of processes and procedures to include internal audit frameworks, methodologies and assurance programs.
- Help develop the Company’s IT internal audit strategy including the balance of in-house and/or outsourced internal audit resourcing to meet the needs of the testing areas required.
- Lead risk based compliance, operational and IT systems audits to help the company minimize risk and maximize performance.
- Review internal control design, implementation, risk assessment and scoping process to help ensure an adequate review of the Company’s overall control environment.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the various departments at the company and work effectively cross functionally.
- Critically evaluate the current set of in scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation.
- Serve as a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned in support of internal audit team and corporate objectives such as business process improvements, planning and execution of audit projects.
- Demonstrate development of technical and analytical skills to understand business processes, interpret the associated risks, develop testing approaches, and propose solutions.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ Years of experience with a combination of Public accounting/audit and Industry.
- Previous management experience in an internal audit function.
- CISA or equivalent certification recommended.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong understanding of internal audit standards, ITGC and FFIEC requirements,
- Experience working in a rapid growth, financial services, payments or technology company is a plus.
- Understanding of blockchain technology and crypto currency.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.