Senior Finance Analyst, Finance and Strategy
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Senior Finance Analyst, Finance and Strategy, you will be an integral part of the Finance team. The Senior Finance Analyst will partner with executive leaders to forecast departmental expenses and provide insight into key business trends and performance metrics. You will partner with the Finance and Strategy team to build out a strong finance team focused on bringing visibility into the health of the business through forecasting, strategic analysis, dashboarding and company-wide reporting.
What you'll work on:
- Partnering with functional leaders to provide reporting on spend and resource planning
- Conducting strategic analysis at the Customer/SKU level to provide insights into key trends and to drive strategic action
- Driving standardized reporting and create a business partnership function across the organization
- Working with sales and marketing teams to build out analytics measuring the ROI on lead generation, variable spend, and segmentation of customers to understand behaviors and use cases
- Leading the company wide annual budgeting process
- Creating monthly / ad hoc reports and dashboards measuring the health of the company
- Partnering with executive leadership to help drive sound decision making
- Developing and standardizing board level reports and presentations
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- High emotional intelligence, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company and the clients and customers that we aim to please and provide a five-star experience
- 3+ years of Finance & Strategy / FP&A experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- Experience in data analyses using SQL and Tableau is required, with preference for programming language (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience manipulating large amounts of structured and unstructured data to be able to synthesize the results into executive level presentation
- Ideal candidates will have a consistent track record of outstanding financial and strategic analysis and delivering meaningful recommendations based on this analysis
- Strong communication skills to tell a story using financials and to demonstrate the future vision of the company
- Track record of developing partnerships with stakeholders up to executive level and the creation of dashboards and repeatable processes
- Aspires to go beyond finance and understanding every part of the business to provide the best level of partnership across the organization
- You excel in a fast moving, innovative and evolving startup environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Suite, Slack and Macbook preferred
- Note: this role requires a SQL test
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.