Senior Director, Market Makers & Exchanges, APAC
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Reporting to the Regional Director in APAC, you will lead a team of Business Development and Sales people, responsible for building our market share as a stablecoin in wallet and by trading volume, with Market Makers and Exchanges. Many of these partners, though based in APAC, may be global in their focus. The key long-term outcome is to overtake the two main competitors being USDT and BUSD, in terms of pairs available, trading volume and share of wallets. You will own an annual revenue target and/or OKR and be responsible for closing new business deals within this segment.
You will build a metrics-driven, high-velocity business, while responsibly delighting prospects and ensuring their long-term success as Circle customers, partners and ecosystem. You will be responsible for hiring, training, mentoring, and building a world-class business development and sales organization.
What you'll work on:
- Managing, training, and leading high-velocity teams.
- Developing and forecasting on a metrics-driven pipeline.
- Working closely with the team on key deals to ensure strategic targets are closed and key inbound business is won.
- Building creative deals and long-term partnerships.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of building and leading high performing sales and business development teams.
- 10+ years of selling Crypto/Web3, Fintech or technology products.
- Built and scaled a business segment, to billions in transaction volume and 10s of millions in net revenue, delivering a material impact to the valuation of the company in APAC.
- Professional and technical knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology.
- Exceptional leadership experience with proven ability to hire, onboard, and consistently train employees.
- Excellent pipeline management and revenue forecasting abilities.
- Finally, you enjoy building at the earliest stages. You care deeply about contributing and improving company processes. You enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping customers thrive.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.