Senior Data Analyst, Finance Reporting
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Data Analyst at Circle, you’ll work closely with product and business stakeholders to better understand our products and enable better decision-making with data. We are a passionate team with a deeply analytical mindset, and your work will support our mission to be a world-class company driven by data. If you are naturally data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, experienced in improving the availability and usability of those insights, and motivated by having an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research. Identify new opportunities where business can be improved.
- Create and utilize data visualizations to translate analytic results for broad stakeholder understanding.
- Build scalable automation solutions utilizing SQL, Tableau, and other tools.
- Partner with leaders effectively employing clear and structured communication to tell a “story” focused on business insights & data.
- Develop strategic problem-solving, quantitative analytics, and communication skills.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 5+ years of industry experience working with and analyzing finance data sets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering).
- Experience in data analyses using SQL. Prior experience with visualization using Tableau or similar BI tools.
- Understanding of statistics and experience applying them to solve business problems.
- Strong communication skills - be able to socialize among stakeholders and identify their needs and pain points, articulate issues clearly and concisely, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work through complex and ambiguous business requirements.
- Self-starter - entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast-paced environment deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact.
- Working in financial services, banking, or technology industries is a plus.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.