Senior Compliance Analyst, Privacy, Protection and Partnership
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Compliance Analyst to join the Compliance Programs team, responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle. As a key member of the second line of defense, this role will be responsible for the development and execution of a risk-based privacy, partnership, and customer protection program to help ensure Circle’s compliance with applicable privacy, customer protection, and bank partnership laws, regulations, policies and procedures. This Senior Compliance Analyst will provide oversight and make recommendations that significantly impact Circle’s ability to meet the expectations of our clients and of our regulators.
What you'll work on:
- Participating in privacy initiatives to assess and analyze our products from a privacy lens.
- Interacting with operational customers to ensure that we respond promptly to privacy requests and complaints.
- Conducting third party due diligence and developing materials to share with bank partners and customers about our compliance program.
- Assisting with further development of our privacy program by creating regulatory inventories, developing risk memos to outline risk and mitigants in relation to privacy, and by creating reports to detail key risk and triggers.
- Identifying regulatory challenges and changes relating to privacy and customer protection for Circle’s products and services to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time.
- Working with cross functional teams on identified issues that relate to privacy and customer protection and ensuring that the issues are timely resolved and that the root cause of the issues is appropriately identified.
- Interfacing with external partners and customers and other key internal stakeholders in explaining our Compliance program and ensuring responsiveness to related engagements.
- Developing reports for management and the Board on material privacy, partnership, and customer protection topics.
- Providing guidance to key business partners on privacy, partnership, and customer protection best practices and requirements.
- Providing training content for employee training on related topics.
- Collaborating with the business to strengthen compliance maturity for programs and products.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle: TO BE FILLED OUT BY HIRING MANAGER
- 4+ years relevant experience in compliance, internal audit or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in a compliance role and interest in privacy, partnerships, and consumer protection.
- Compliance experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in Fintech preferred.
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Boston, MA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $105,000 - $140,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.