Principal Product Manager, Treasury and Financial Services
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Principal Product Manager to define and lead the build out of innovative business banking solutions to power treasury needs. You will interface directly with numerous teams – including engineering, treasury, ops, security, and other internal teams – to define our roadmap and deliver impactful products. This role sits on the Business Banking team and will influence our strategic direction for key products across Circle.
What you'll work on:
- Owning & defining the product strategy, vision, and roadmap. Collaborating with senior product leadership and other product managers to align roadmaps and conceive projects that support product iterations.
- Categorizing core needs into segments, prioritizing initiatives according to business strategy, and maintaining an up-to-date product roadmap that delivers on the Circle product vision.
- Interacting with customers’ business, product and engineering teams to deeply understand their needs, and translate those into business cases, feature themes, product requirements and roadmaps.
- Collaborating with various teams across Circle, sharing customer pain points and discussing new product ideas, communicating product vision, strategy and roadmaps, and gaining alignment as well as unblocking progress.
- Managing multiple parallel projects and iterations alongside engineering, and ensuring the delivery of feature releases.
- Partnering with product design & engineering leaders to imagine and define new platform experiences that are better, cheaper, faster and easier to use than traditional financial technology platforms.
- Working closely with product marketing, business development, data science and other teams at Circle to deeply understand the use of Circle’s treasury solutions and drive the roadmap in a programmatic manner.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- You have more than 12 years of product management experience, having evolved product portfolios that have attracted meaningful customer adoption and generated significant revenue.
- You have owned product strategy for complex commercial products. You have experience identifying and managing risks associated with products you own.
- You have mentored other product managers in the past. You have demonstrated experience influencing partners and executives in order to achieve results.
- You have led several complex product initiatives from beginning to end. You have successfully maintained and grown products which generated material revenue.
- You have previous domain expertise in payments, treasury or other regulated financial services use cases.
- You are a fantastic communicator both verbally and in writing. You are used to effectively interfacing with customers and executives, as well as architects and developers. You can influence partners and get to consensus.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.