Market Strategy Manager
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is seeking experienced strategists to join the Product Marketing, Strategy & Insights team. This role will help guide marketing investment decisions, inform brand and product positioning, identify new partnership or product opportunities, and provide ongoing competitive updates.
What you'll work on:
- Identifying market and product opportunities for Circle and USDC in the emerging web3 landscape
- Providing updates on market and socio-economic trends shaping the world of web3 and DeFi
- Publishing strategic opinions and whitepapers to drive awareness of opportunities and alignment with multiple stakeholders
- Partnering with Product Marketing to influence product positioning, messaging and GTM plans
- Partnering with Insights to define the strategic research roadmap
- Providing ongoing competitive intelligence spanning product launches, features, value propositions, partnerships, marketing communications, brand and creative strategy
- Establishing a robust knowledge base of strategic and competitive learnings that can be accessed by the entire organization using self-serve tools
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of experience in strategy consulting, marketing or market strategy
- Experience across multiple industries, especially technology; crypto/web3 experience is preferred but not required
- Proven track record of strategic assessments that have driven marketing and product outcomes
- Proficiency with excel, powerpoint and GSuite equivalents
- Proven collaboration and interpersonal skills including past success managing clients/stakeholders and vendors
- Strong presentation skills, both in large meetings and day-to-day consults with internal clients and senior executives
- Highly organized, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time without sacrificing quality/nuance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.