Manager, Solutions Engineering, EMEA
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for someone to own and build Circle’s Solutions Engineering function in EMEA. You will play an integral role in defining and executing our solution validation processes across the entire customer lifecycle. From discovery calls to post sales support and implementation, you will partner with prospects and customers and guide them along their technical evaluation of Circle’s suite of products and services. You will develop customized PoCs, solution diagrams, and implementation plans that articulate the value of Circle’s technology for our customers. You will heavily collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams to provide market feedback and analysis that will influence our product roadmap.
Most importantly, you will set the foundation for long-term, successful customer relationships in EMEA that rely on Circle’s technology and future innovation to grow their business.
What you'll work on:
- Owning all aspects of the technical relationships with Circle customers in the EMEA region.
- Leading technical discovery calls with prospects, and documenting key customer requirements.
- Designing technical solutions and diagramming funds flows for prospects during the sales process.
- Presenting Circle’s APIs to clients and ensuring that their value is understood, no matter the audience.
- Gathering market feedback and sharing with internal stakeholders, including product and engineering.
- Building and maintaining internal knowledge base with information about current and future products.
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders about Circle’s products and APIs.
- Hiring, training and mentoring a team of solutions engineers to support pre-sales and post-sales solution validation.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in sales engineering or technical implementation roles.
- At least 2+ years of managerial experience, preferably managing global teams with progressive responsibilities.
- A data driven approach to operations. You know what metrics are important to technical validation and you know how to track them.
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills.
- Experience designing solution validation programs for technical products.
- You have grown and scaled teams quickly in past roles, including expansion into new geographies and markets.
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work.
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You have experience managing remote teams.
- The ability to thrive on a fast pace environment with high level of autonomy and responsibilities.
- Track record of designing and implementing complex solutions in the payments space.
- Interest or experience in blockchain.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.