Lead Product Designer
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Lead Product Designer to drive design outcomes that meet our customer needs, offering them new ways to interact and engage with currency, treasury, and payments solutions. You’ll own the end-to-end design for your product space, partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and our customers to craft solutions that will be used by thousands of businesses to impact millions of end-users around the world.
What you'll work on:
- Driving an understanding of our customers and their needs in the rapidly changing crypto and blockchain problem space
- Identifying and prioritizing customer needs with your product and engineering partners
- Collaborating across many teams at Circle to drive early alignment around problem spaces and their possible solutions
- Leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to inform both yours and stakeholders’ decision making
- Contributing to a growing design team, helping install best practices and processes as we scale
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees, and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty, and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Senior Product Designer
- More than 4 years of UX or product design experience, working within a product team, partnering closely with your product management and engineering peers
- A portfolio that tells end-to-end narratives of how you solve problems through your design process
- An enjoyment of perfecting user experiences through experimentation and iteration
- Familiarity working within design systems and using them to shortcut work best served by previous solutions
- Lead Product Designer
- All the requirements of a Senior Product Designer and:
- More than 7 years of UX or product design experience, having owned the end-to-end design execution and evolution of several products and/or product features
- History of contributing to a strong design culture, placing the customer at the center of your work, and contributing to the elevation of others’ work
- Ability to “connect-the-dots” through the work being done in other product areas to solve synonymous problems
- Experience in solving service design challenges and/or complex task-based workflows
- Principal Product Designer
- All the requirements of a Lead Product Designer and:
- More than 12 years of UX or product design experience, driving direct and repeated business impact through your work, and a series of positive customer experiences
- Passion for aligning key stakeholders to your design vision
- Design mentorship and guidance for fellow designers and product management peers
- Experience shaping and defining design and research processes and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.