Investment Operations Manager, Treasury
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Investment Operations team owns the investment of the reserves backing Circle’s stablecoins, including USD Coin (“USDC”) and Euro Coin (“EUROC”). As thought leaders on investment and risk management, the team is responsible for ensuring that reserves are invested pursuant to approved investment policies, while also ensuring that Circle effectively manages its financial resources to account for ongoing changes in the size and composition of the reserve. In addition, the Investment Operations team owns financial projections for stablecoins used to forecast Circle’s near and long term reserve positioning. As the Investment Operations Manager, you will be responsible for helping to develop a proprietary view of market factors which will be used to articulate an ongoing and evolving strategy for investing the reserve. You will own the stablecoin reserve forecasts, which includes identifying growth opportunities and potential constraints, and ensuring that Circle is well positioned to meet all of its investment objectives. In addition, you will be responsible for helping to build and maintain relationships with partner institutions including banks, investment managers, and custodial agents. This role will work closely with various groups within Circle to ensure that stablecoin flows are well understood and forecasted, and executed flawlessly from an operational perspective. This is a critical manager level position with significant visibility and exposure to executive leadership of the firm.
What you'll work on:
- Owning the framework for forecasting Circle’s stablecoin revenue over time.
- Developing a proprietary view of market factors, and ensuring an effective strategy for generating yield through a combination of banking partners and investment managers.
- Investing the stablecoin reserve pursuant to the approved investment policy.
- Helping to scale the stablecoin reserves function to support expected continued robust growth in stablecoin balances.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing financial partners, including Minority Deposit Institutions.
- Conducting due diligence of prospective financial partners.
- Maintaining an effective risk management framework to ensure liquidity and capital sufficiency in regular and stressed environments.
- Developing stablecoin reporting to demonstrate Circle’s compliance with all applicable financial regulations and best practices.
- Leading evaluation and implementation of automation solutions for relevant processes to minimize manual reporting and process flows.
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to develop a leading data strategy that allows timely and accurate reporting and decision making.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of progressively responsible positions in Treasury, Finance or Collateral Management.
- Strong operational background with an understanding of current market innovations and trends.
- Knowledge of markets’ activities including investment portfolios, collateral management and liquidity pools.
- Established ability to organize, analyze and interpret large data sets to explain irregularities or trends.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly.
- Established ability to build new processes and workflows as needed.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of coding language(s) (Python, R, etc.) are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or Business related field.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.