Financial Partnerships Manager
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Financial Partnerships Manager to join the team responsible for enabling Circle’s payments and treasury capabilities through strategic partnerships with financial institutions, payment service providers, and exchanges. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with Treasury, Compliance, Risk, Information Security, and Legal. In addition to partnering with internal stakeholders, you will build relationships and communicate directly with external partners to drive onboarding and due diligence processes to completion
What you'll work on:
- Developing a partner pipeline by vetting partner prospects.
- Owning the onboarding and due diligence processes end-to-end.
- Communicating business requirements and the value of working together to potential partners.
- Managing the partner integration process and partner collaboration.
- Driving partner evaluation across commercial, functional and technical capabilities by working with the appropriate cross functional teams.
- Ensuring successful partner onboarding by collaborating cross-functionally with the appropriate teams across the organization.
- Communicating proactively and clearly with prospective and current partners to ensure they’re aware of Circle’s timelines and expectations.
- Working with senior leadership to build out a team to support partners.
- Maintaining and deepening relationships with existing partners.
- Monitoring partner performance and providing feedback to management.
- Solving problems and managing priorities to ensure successful outcomes for many partnerships.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current onboarding and due diligence processes.
- Updating senior management on a routine basis to communicate the Financial Partnerships team’s progress on top priorities.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, economics or related field preferred.
- 7 + years of progressively responsible positions in Strategic Partner Management, Product Management, Business Development or other strategic roles.
- Extensive knowledge of payments infrastructure both in the US and globally.
- Deep understanding of the traditional finance infrastructure Circle utilizes to support on- and off-ramping to USDC.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers/partners.
- Demonstrated experience working cross functionally to achieve required outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish priorities on the fly.
- Extremely organized with demonstrated ability to work with and influence internal and external customers to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ability to build new processes and workflows as needed.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Boston, MA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
The compensation range below is specific to Boston, MA.
Base Pay Range: $135,000 - $180,000
Annual Bonus Target: 15%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.