Financial Partnerships Analyst
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a detail-oriented, organized, and highly communicative individual that will work cross-functionally to onboard selected financial partners and manage Circle’s due diligence processes for prospective and existing partners. The Financial Partnerships team is responsible for enabling Circle’s payments and treasury capabilities through strategic partnerships with financial institutions and payment service providers. As Circle continues to rapidly scale and work with additional financial partners, you will be responsible for owning the onboarding and due diligence processes end-to-end, making improvements as you see fit. You will work cross-functionally with Treasury, Compliance, Risk, Information Security, and Legal. In addition to partnering with internal stakeholders, you will build relationships and communicate directly with external partners to drive onboarding and due diligence processes to completion. You will also be responsible for compiling routine updates to senior management, communicating the Financial Partnerships team’s progress on top priorities.
What you'll work on:
- Ensuring successful partner onboarding by collaborating cross-functionally with the appropriate teams across the organization.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current onboarding and due diligence processes.
- Developing a database of frequently asked questions and answers to efficiently respond to our partners’ due diligence questions.
- Developing a system to save official due diligence responses that are sent to and received from partners, as well as all onboarding documentation.
- Creating a template ‘kick off’ email to reach out to our partners annually to request their responses to Circle’s due diligence questions and ensuring that the appropriate internal teams review our partners’ responses in a timely manner.
- Communicating proactively and clearly with prospective and current partners to ensure they’re aware of Circle’s timelines and expectations.
- Building relationships with new and existing partners.
- Solving problems and managing priorities to ensure successful outcomes for many partnerships.
- Updating senior management on a routine basis to communicate the Financial Partnerships team’s progress on top priorities.
- Developing a deep understanding of the traditional finance infrastructure Circle utilizes to support on- and off-ramping to USDC.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 2+ years experience in Banking, Financial Services or the Payments industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in business, economics, accounting or related field.
- A process-oriented mindset and willingness to take ownership of the onboarding and due diligence processes for Circle’s Financial Partners with a drive to improve standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize competing priorities with multiple partners and internal stakeholders.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.