Director, Payment Partnerships
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Director, Payments Partnerships Management to drive partner activation, go to market and growth. You will manage relationships with key payment partners including operational needs, onboarding, escalation, and day-to-day requirements. You will develop strong and lasting partnerships with top companies in payments by providing business leadership, creative direction and identifying and driving shared goals. You will define a comprehensive relationship strategy within the partner, including building a strong working relationship with the Circle leadership team for executive sponsorship, business reviews, and shaping go-to-market opportunities. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, including card and local network schemes, alternative and cross border payments and payouts networks.
What you’ll work on:
- Manage highly strategic enterprise accounts, including multi billion dollar payments processors, large local and global schemes and payments networks.
- Build and develop a team to manage marquee payments partners.
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships with partners to enable Circle stablecoin growth across the payments ecosystem.
- Align with each partner on joint growth objectives; develop and execute plans to achieve objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build capabilities and support collateral, sales and training needs for partner volume growth.
- Provide strategic and consultative direction to the growth of the overall payments vertical.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of partnership, strategy or product management experience in payments or fintech.
- 6+ years of growing and managing a team.
- Experience developing mutually beneficial solutions with partners that drive revenue.
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology.
- Creative deal making ability.
- Ownership mentality.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, think on your feet and get up to speed on complex concepts quickly.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.