Director of Community, Developer and Ecosystem Marketing
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional individual who champions the needs of developers, entrepreneurs, creators, and builders to join the Developer and Ecosystem Marketing team. This role will define and grow Circle’s ecosystem outreach to seasoned web3 and crypto builders as well as provide onramps to entrants and skeptics alike through authentic engagement channels.
What you'll work on:
- Developing a holistic omnichannel community outreach strategy that promotes Circle and USDC to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Creating and producing interactive content, including a podcast, that educates our developer and ecosystem community.
- Building and growing an ecosystem community, both online and through events, from the ground up, web3 community specifically a plus!
- Owning and managing key community engagement channels such as Discord, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and any others appropriate to growing the ecosystem.
- Driving online and in-person community engagement during Developer Marketing events.
- Collaborating with Product, Engineering, Creative, and Brand teams to share latest solutions and offerings to the developer and ecosystem community while growing the Circle brand.
- Identifying and prioritizing influencers in both community and ecosystem to amplify and augment Circle and USDC to the crypto community.
- Actively working with ecosystem partners to amplify the transparency and trust of Circle to developers.
- Building a team to bring creativity, expand channel outreach, and amplify every campaign and project.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic management, entrepreneurship and community roles.
- Proven experience in community growth success.
- Experience across multiple industries, especially technology; crypto/web3 experience is preferred but not required.
- Proven track record of strategic programming experience that drives engagement success.
- Extreme level of comfort with community online engagement.
- Highly organized, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at any given time without sacrificing quality/nuance.
- High level of empathy and interpersonal skills that spans multi-generations.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.