Director, Financial Operations
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Financial Operations team owns the strategy and process design associated with all crypto and fiat payments and treasury infrastructure across customers, products, payment rails, and geographies. As Director of Financial Operations, you will be responsible for building and scaling a global best-in-class Financial Operations organization, supporting money movements and payments for Circle’s merchants and stablecoin end users. This includes continual monitoring and settlement of transactions across global payment rails, operations strategy, payment reconciliations, seamless crypto on/off ramps, and development of reporting and tooling to support transaction execution and risk management. This position plays a key strategic role in partnering with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to deliver operational solutions that help to create value for Circle’s customers. You will also lead Circle’s efforts to develop best in class processes and controls that exceed existing and future regulatory requirements.
What you'll work on:
- Building and scaling a global best-in-class Financial Operations function to support 24/7 crypto and fiat currency flows, including organizational strategy and design, and recruiting key talent
- Optimizing the design and operation of all global banking relationships including contributing to selection of strategic partners to help drive further adoption of USDC and other stablecoins
- Developing and implementing a global foreign exchange platform and strategy for crypto and fiat payments
- Partnering closely with internal functions such as Product and Engineering to ensure that new products and services incorporate key operational features and functionality
- Testing and improving payment operations architecture resiliency to ensure continued operations
- across unplanned and unexpected events
- Continuously evaluating the efficacy of internal processes to ensure robust controls and lead enhancements to mitigate risks where necessary
- Leveraging and optimizing crypto payment rails to facilitate payments solutions that create value for merchants and their end users
- Developing and track Key Performance Indicators for measuring the success and performance of the Financial Operations function
- Supporting new lines of business as they are established and scaled with robust operational architecture
- Leading evaluation and implementation of automation solutions for relevant processes to minimize manual reporting and process flows
- Automating operational process flow to maximize efficiency and minimize errors and manual process
- Driving partnership with internal stakeholders to develop a leading data strategy that allows timely and accurate reporting and decision making
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of progressively responsible positions in Treasury Operations, including experience building, leading, and scaling high performance teams
- 5+ years of leadership experience driving highly performing teamed with measurable and sustained success
- Strong operational background with an understanding of best practices around organizational process design, measurement, and management
- Deep knowledge of payments systems and flows across fiat and crypto rails
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish order or priorities on the fly.
- Established ability to build new processes and workflows as needed.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of coding language(s) (Python, R, etc.) are preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science or Business related field.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.