Strategy & Policy
Corporate Communications Manager, EMEA
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a proven rockstar corporate communications leader to help create and execute our communications strategy across Europe and the UK. This will include media relations, local market executive visibility, owned content development, in-market crisis communications management, and in-market social media amplification among other opportunities. The position joins Circle’s communication team which is part of the Strategy and Policy organization and collaborates closely with marketing, finance, product, legal and regulatory teams. This position will report to the VP of Corporate Communications who is based in the U.S.
What you'll work on:
- Developing and managing top tier media relationships in your assigned region to place news, features and address corrections when necessary
- Leading communication planning and execution for in-market initiatives
- Collaborating with local team members in Policy, Legal and Compliance as well as local leadership teams
- Actively partnering in market with Circle Impact/CSR organizations to help advance our Impact strategy and ensure the narrative is appropriately shared externally
- Building social media initiatives to engage with regional channels in collaboration with the U.S. based social media team
- Partnering with Corporate communications colleagues on international roll outs and owning the local market outreach initiatives
- Owning a minimum of 4 “gig” assignments annually to stretch and learn and take on interesting projects that are not regional specific
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years experience in corporate communications role.
- An innate ability to connect people to purpose through compelling storytelling.
- Proven influence with in-market press connections and influencers
- A portfolio of owned and earned content to showcase your capabilities.
- A get-it-done, flexible attitude with a willingness to pivot quickly and frequently.
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent news judgment.
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to wake up every day and drive our mission forward, knowing that every day will be unique and present new opportunities and challenges.
- A foundational understanding of markets, finance, banking, and economics.
- A deep interest in crypto and blockchain infrastructure.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack, Poppulo, Apple MacOS a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.