Compliance Operations Workforce Manager, EMEA
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Compliance Operations team is responsible for executing Circle’s anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions programs, including know your customer (KYC) reviews, sanctions screening, transaction monitoring, and investigations. Reporting to the Director, Compliance Scaled Services, the Compliance Operations Workforce Manager will be responsible for helping manage our fast growing team, including capacity planning, scheduling and recruiting.
What you'll work on:
- Owning capacity planning and headcount forecasting for the Compliance Operations team.
- Working with functional leaders to ensure adequate staffing coverage across the globe to support Circle’s 24/7 operations.
- Producing reports and communicating insights regarding production, and working with Product to develop and improve real-time reporting.
- Working with business partners to ensure accurate forecasting for new products and services.
- Working closely with Talent to recruit and onboard the best talent in all our global locations.
- Contribute towards the career framework within Compliance Operations.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years experience in financial services operations, ideally in compliance, including 1+ years managing people.
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- B.A./B.S. degree.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Experience in RegTech or FinTech company or consulting preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.