Circle Ventures Associate
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an Associate to join our Circle Ventures team in order to help invest in and support our growing portfolio of amazing founders building the next generation of the internet. As a member of the Ventures team, you will play a critical role in sourcing, evaluating, closing and managing investment opportunities in crypto/web3. This is a dynamic, multi-faceted role that combines investing, researching, and project management. In this role you will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders across Circle to ensure all investments close in a timely and efficient manner and our founders have the best experience working with Circle Ventures.
What you'll work on:
- Supporting the sourcing and diligence process for early stage investment opportunities for Circle Ventures.
- Owning the full investment cycle from lead to closing by working closely with a cross-functional team including Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Finance to ensure every investment closes in a timely manner.
- Helping shape investment decisions by drafting investment memos for our investment committee review.
- Researching the crypto industry, identify evolving trends and key developments as well as new areas of investment for Circle Ventures. Continuously learn about new themes, trends, and technologies.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders post-investment to ensure every portfolio company has an excellent experience.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- You are passionate about emerging trends within the cryptocurrency industry and Web3.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to turn complex topics into something easily digestible.
- You love building at the earliest stages and are interested in contributing to the development of Circle Ventures at the ground floor.
- You have unwavering attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- You have experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.