Business Development Manager, Payments
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a business development manager to identify and execute new deals as part of the payments alliances team. You will be responsible for the identification and management of payments partners key to scaling Circle’s core business globally. You will own the partner programs and will be responsible for sourcing, structuring and closing new partnership deals. You will work with key stakeholders across marketing, sales, and product to develop and execute a comprehensive payments partnership strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will have a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, including card and local network schemes, alternative and cross border payments and payouts networks.
What you’ll work on:
- Sourcing and evaluating opportunities, negotiating, closing deals with valued payments and fintech partners.
- Developing and managing a robust pipeline of partners to enable USDC growth.
- Defining and delivering new areas of strategic growth potential and hence partner types.
- Working with other alliance team members and cross functional colleagues to bring projects to market swiftly with a focus on creating a strong payment partner ecosystem.
- Collaborating with product and tech teams to prioritize and develop joint capabilities to deliver revenue growth.
- Managing highly strategic enterprise accounts, including multi billion dollar payments processors, large local and global schemes and payments networks.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years of partnership, strategy or product management experience in payments or fintech.
- Experience developing mutually beneficial solutions with partners that drive revenue.
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology.
- Creative deal making ability.
- Ownership mentality.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, think on your feet and get up to speed on complex concepts quickly.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.