Business Development Manager, Capital Markets Services
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a member of the Circle Sales Team, you will play a critical role in executing our go-to-market strategy for Asset Managers under Circle’s Institutional Trading Partners (“ITP”) program. You will establish and expand relationships with crypto-focused and traditional finance Asset Managers who use or are interested in learning more about USDC and Circle’s suite of features in their capital markets businesses. You will source leads yourself and handle inbound contacts. You will act as subject matter expert and knowledgeable resource for prospective clients. Most importantly, you will directly fuel our growth engine by winning and signing new customers.
What you'll work on:
- Owning the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Developing and managing a metrics-driven sales pipeline.
- Accurately forecasting your business on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Identifying and prioritizing strategic, high-revenue opportunities.
- Actively partnering with a cross-functional team to drive deal closure.
- Being a subject matter expert to Circle colleagues as they build new features around the Circle Account and products for a demanding client base.
- Collaborating with your peers to highlight best practices and lessons learned.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Experience - You are an accomplished (6+ years) Capital Markets or FinTech operator who can speak with Portfolio Managers & Analysts, as well as with Operations personnel. You understand the avenues to, and impacts of, a move to a decentralized financial landscape. You are talented in storytelling and presenting, and you listen well. You have a strong interest in the future of Capital Markets and a deep understanding of how blockchains and onchain transactions work.
- Customer Focus - You are naturally curious and care deeply about understanding your customer’s business strategy. You are capable of initiating and engaging in strategic conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You are engaged with the digital assets community and keep yourself aware of newsworthy companies, market movements and projects.
- Strategic Agility - You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex technical sale in a highly consultative manner. You have demonstrable experience managing a cross-functional sales process and driving deals to conclusion.
- Track Record of Success - You thrive in competitive situations with a well established history of exceeding new customer acquisition and revenue quotas. You have or can quickly build a relationship with operators in the capital markets industry.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - This role requires the ability to document and build processes while you are selling Circle’s products and services. You love building at the earliest stages. You enjoy actively contributing to the development of the sales process, the articulation of the value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
- Aptitude - Can discuss portfolio construction and asset allocation, asset class characteristics and performance drivers, as well as trade settlement and margin collateral issues for Asset Managers. You understand API connectivity and can speak at a high level with trading system developers. You understand US regulation of Asset Managers (RIA’s, Family Offices, Broker Dealers).
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.