Business Development Director, APAC
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Reporting to the VP for Business Development, you will be building the ecosystem and selling Circle’s platform services. You will own an annual revenue target and be responsible for closing new business deals with Web3, Enterprise, Mid Market, and SMB customer segments.
In addition to owning sales targets, you will be responsible for delivering a world-class service as you thrive in a role with an important and evolving business development function. You will build a metrics-driven, high-velocity business that ensures long-term success as for Circle’s customers. In doing so, you will use your expertise to ensure our partners and prospects can sustain long-term success in our ecosystem.
What you'll work on:
- Be a key contributor to the strategy of a new team of builders who are focused on transforming the way value is exchanged in the region
- Own the end to end sales process with APAC’s largest regional platforms, creating real world utility for USDC
- Manage commercial relationships with ecosystem partners who will help us prove the usefulness of stablecoins and the underlying technology
- Develop and use key metrics to forecast on a metrics-driven pipeline
- Working on key deals to ensure strategic targets are closed and key inbound business is won
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of experience in business development or similar function
- 7+ years of experience of selling Fintech, banking, payments, and/or financial services products
- Professional and technical knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology
- Exceptional leadership experience, as the most senior business development person on the team
- Excellent pipeline management and revenue forecasting abilities
- You enjoy building at the earliest stages and care deeply about contributing and improving company processes
- You enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping customers thrive
- An appetite for work travel (30-50% required depending on time of year)
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.