Circle is on a mission to make it possible for everyone, everywhere to create and share value. We're building a new kind of consumer finance. Unlike existing systems that are closed and proprietary, we use open internet standards and protocols, including the blockchain, to build our products.
We've already made sending money around the world free and as easy as sending a text with Circle Pay. With Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto currencies and offer OTC trading services. Now, we're expanding our offerings by building a cryptocurrency investment product (https://invest.circle.com
) to enable anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
What does that mean for the global economy? It's more open. More inclusive. And more empowering.
As part of platform engineering, you’ll join small, productive teams in an agile environment and gain real-world experience building and deploying secure, production-scale services for consumer facing products. You’ll work alongside smart engineers who care about the product and producing quality code.
As part of our team, you’ll own software throughout the entire development life-cycle. You’ll contribute ideas to improve our product and processes, make decisions that have significant impact, and provide feedback so we can continue to get better. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn.
*We are open to applicants in Boston, USA and Dublin, Ireland
Projects we are working on (and you may work on, too)
What you’ll bring to Circle
- Build a secure full-stack web application that allows us to better visualize our liquidity in multiple currencies and bank accounts worldwide, as we focus on international expansion.
- Productize machine learning models and build a world class automated evaluation system to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers.
- Be a hero for our finance team by developing an automated reporting framework that allows new reports to be easily scheduled and downloaded each day, month, quarter or year.
- Continue investing in our core technology and shared libraries by making it easier for all teams to leverage multi-region storage and infrastructure to improve our resilience during outages and increase our uptime.
- Build an open transaction protocol where users can send money and exchange value that leverages both new and traditional technologies to deliver value the fastest and cheapest way possible.
- Create, maintain, and extend a diverse array of sustainable tools and systems that will support fast product development and delivery flow, enable team autonomy and foster continual learning and experimentation.
- Provide new search capabilities across all of our financial partners so that our Customer Support team can more quickly resolve payment issues.
- Predict fraud before it happens by facilitating data science model creation and evaluation, and developing a high-performance rules engine.
- Leverage blockchain technology in a new transaction framework so that Financial Institutions an exchange value and associated metadata in a compliant manner.
- Experience working closely with internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- Evangelize best practices for engineering teams, including ideas around design and code reviews and architecture
- Debug complex production issues across various levels of the tech stack
- Interest in building large-scale, distributed systems
- Interest in impacting the way money moves between people
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!